ABOUT COOKIES AND WHAT THEY MEAN
Cookies are information packets sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted or until the reach their expiry date. Our website uses session cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. We use the following cookies on our website:
Google cookies – _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Old Browser Cookies-old-browser_continue
Click Competitions Limited uses this cookie to allow users with older browsers to continue to use our website. Users with older browsers are advised to upgrade or continue to use this site with their old browser. This cookie remembers their selection so they do not need to see the warning more than once.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookie settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
- In Google Chrome click on the spanner icon, click “settings” “Show advanced settings” In the “privacy” section, click the “content settings” button.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites. If you have any questions then please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Competition House Limited uses a Google remarketing cookie on our website – this allows us to collate lists of visitors who have visited our website, and show tailored, targeted adverts to them at a later date.
Our remarketing activities are limited to the Google Display Network – a network of websites and blogs throughout the Internet. The Competition House Limited may show adverts about our services to you if you have previously visited our website and are viewing a website that is part of the Google Display network.
You may opt out of the remarketing cookie by visiting your Google’s Ad settings, usually reachable through the following link: http//www.google.com/settings
This privacy statement sets out how The Competition House Limited complies with European Union data protection requirements. This applies to the entire website. Any changes to these policies will be posted on this website.
We have structured our website so that, in general, you can visit The Competition House Limited on the web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHAT WE COLLECT
- We may collect the following information:
- When using our services we will collect your name and contact information.
- We may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our services and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our services.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mails about new services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided when you registered as a user on this site.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone or mail.
FACEBOOK (VISITOR ACTION PIXEL)
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA or if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”) on our website.
This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art.6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with the European data protection legislation
The Competition House Limited are the sole promoters, the prize draws are not sponsored, run or endorsed by another party including Apple or Facebook.